Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2014, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One month at dealership, they said its ready. I asked what was the issue? They don't know!!!!! Really!!! Wtf? They claim they drove it a month and it didn't act up or show any codes. WHAT???? I got a bad feeling they disabled traction control and sent me on my way. Is it time to hire a lawyer??
The following users liked this post:
Charlene Owen (February 9th, 2020)
Old March 17th, 2014, 5:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to make sure your review what the repair order says and ask to read the technicians notes. These rigs have a special coverage (extension of the factory warranty) on the throttle position sensor. There is an updated design to respond to these reduce power issues. Usually related to code P2135.
Old March 19th, 2014, 9:59 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Rockhill and houston127,

I'm sorry to hear about this concern with your vehicles. I understand that you both have been in contact with your dealerships. Please feel free to follow up with us. I would like to create a case based on your concerns and also reach out to the dealership on your behalf. Please send us a private message or an email to socialmedia@gm.com if any extra assistance is needed. Please include your VIN, current mileage, involved dealership, and full contact in the message. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 21st, 2014, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

Default Dealer corrected issue!

Had this issue with a 2010 Avalanche. Engine raced while idling and two indicator lights came on. Dealer was excellent, replaced throttle body and serviced it. Nice job.
Old April 25th, 2014, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Hi all im having the same problem on my 2012 silverado..my question is how much does this fix cost at a dealership (estimate)
Old June 28th, 2014, 4:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 45000 miles, really?

Just started having this stabilitrak warning reduced power issue. Only 45000 miles and this is the second engine meltdown already.
The last one was at least subject to a recall.
Now I get to go to the dealer and hope GM will fix another one of their problems.
Gonna be hard to justify another Chevy purchase, especially if this is a hassle.
Old June 28th, 2014, 5:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Hi virgillionaire,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have been experiencing with your vehicle. I cannot guarantee anything, but I would like to look further into your concern. Please feel free to send us a private message referencing this thread if any extra help is needed. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 30th, 2014, 5:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default same problem

This same problem happened to me before and it went away by itself.I drive a 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ Flex fuel with 76000 miles. Now the other day it came back and hasn't gone away. Started to look into it in this forum and other GM forums and the same problem is happening to a lot of people. The dealer says it's not cover under warranty but I have read that some dealers are covering it. How can I figure witch dealers are those fixing this problem. Has GM done anything about this? Please help.
Old July 1st, 2014, 7:40 AM
Official GM Rep

Hi AbelH,

We are sorry to hear of this reoccurring experience. Thank you for reaching out on this forum! Each situation is treated on a case by case basis, and although cost assistance is not guaranteed, we would be happy to contact your local dealership regarding a diagnosis. Please feel free to send us a private message at any time with your name, address, phone number, VIN, and name of involved dealership. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by AbelH
This same problem happened to me before and it went away by itself.I drive a 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ Flex fuel with 76000 miles. Now the other day it came back and hasn't gone away. Started to look into it in this forum and other GM forums and the same problem is happening to a lot of people. The dealer says it's not cover under warranty but I have read that some dealers are covering it. How can I figure witch dealers are those fixing this problem. Has GM done anything about this? Please help.
Old July 8th, 2014, 11:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default not the tps, oil being sprayed

After getting the service stabilitrak, service traction control engine light and rough idle I thought my tps was bad.
So, took it to the dealer who said oil was built up on plugs and in cylinders, etc and accused me of not changing the oil.
Luckily, a mechanic friend sent me a couple of service bulletins. There is a flawed design that lets oil get pulled in through pcv valve. It requires a different valve cover or 'afm' shield in oil pan.

So had to argue with the dealer for a week before they finally fixed it.

Thanks a million to Kristen from Chevy customer care who saw my original post on here and helped lean on the dealer to do the right thing.

Luckily
The following 2 users liked this post by virgillionaire:
JackieBWrench (April 10th, 2021), Shelly Ingram (December 6th, 2021)

Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control