Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

electrical problem?

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2010, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical problem?

I have a 1991 Chevy corsica with the 4 cylinder engine. The headlights, radio, dash lights and dome light would not work when I started the car. After about 4 tries restarting the car, everything worked. When I parked the car and tried the lights again, they would not work. I was standing by the car with the driver's door open and suddenly the dome light lit up and the headlights would work. After a few minutes I started the car and the lights wouldn't work. What could be wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old August 18th, 2010, 9:32 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like a loose wire. maybe at battery, starter, underhood fuse panel, interior fuse panel, ground wire(s)
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:09 AM
CF Beginner

could a corroded fuse panel cause this problem?
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

absolutely!!!!!
Old August 18th, 2010, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

update on problem: I started the car and everything worked. I shut the car off and restarted it. The radio worked but when I tried to turn the headlights on, the radio went out. And again when the radio was working, I opened the drivers door and the radio went out again. I checked the fuses and they look okay and clean. The only thing that I noticed was that the fuse for the instrument panel lights was a 3 amp and it is supposed to be a 5 amp but it wasn't burnt out. And one last thing is the power door locks don't work either when this all happens. So in all the headlights, dashpanel lights, radio, dome light and power door locks seem to short each other out and not work at the same time.

Last edited by gordyman; August 18th, 2010 at 12:10 PM.