Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

2011 camaro tail-light question.

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2017, 8:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 camaro tail-light question.

Right side rear tail light does not light for turn, braking, or running. Both bulbs visually look fine. I was told it could be a grounding problem, and to check for a loose ground. Can anyone confirm whether or not that sounds like the problem...or to look for something else? There are three thin wires ( black, brown,green) that go into the plug for each bulb. Everything looks fine, but I don't really know how to proceed. should I pull the plugs apart before I rule out that being the problem? I'm far from being a mechanic, and my skills are very limited. So any guidance would be appreciated. I don't want to call a shop if I don't have to. Thanx
Old March 25th, 2017, 2:27 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

The black wire should be the ground. Check it with an ohm meter to see if it is actually grounded. Then turn on the lights and use a volt meter, you should get 12 volts between the black and brown wires.
Old March 28th, 2017, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Also check the fuse if you aren't getting 12 V.