Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

Service traction message @ startup

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2016, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service traction message @ startup

Hey guys! New to the forum.. Just trying to help my daughter out. She called me last night and told me on her 2012 Captiva she is now getting a message to service the traction control at startup but then it goes away. She does not remember seeing this before and there are no lights on. I did just rotate her tires last week. I drive mostly older "junk" so did I do something to cause this by tire rotation? Or is it something else? Thanks in advance..
Old January 12th, 2016, 10:20 PM
CF Veteran

Might have bumped a speed sensor but if that was the case it would probably stay on, see if you can get the codes checked.
Old May 6th, 2016, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same issue on my 14 captiva. Have had it in the dealership a few times but never a code stored. I don't think they can do much until a code is stored. It's frustrating. I also get random lights on the dash and messages messages in the DIC.
Old May 6th, 2016, 4:33 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by momeeof2
I have the same issue on my 14 captiva. Have had it in the dealership a few times but never a code stored. I don't think they can do much until a code is stored. It's frustrating. I also get random lights on the dash and messages messages in the DIC.
Hello momeeof2,

Intermittent concerns can be quite disappointing and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Just wanted to chime in to let you know we're available via private message if an additional layer of assistance is needed. Should you send an inquiry, please include your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership.

Thanks!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care