Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

2000 Cavalier Fuel Pump and problems with relays etc to control the pump

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2012, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Cavalier Fuel Pump and problems with relays etc to control the pump

Good Evening
I am a novice to the site but have been on others with great success. I am working on a 2000 for a friend and some very strange things are happening electrically with regard to Control of the pump. Originally the fuse for the injectors and FP was blown in the block inside the car. I've checked the voltages on the relay and both the control 12v and the coil 12V is present at the relay base but the relay doesn't click when I plug it in...although it does click when I jumper it off the battery.....possibly a marginal ground ??? I've been jumping around on this site and have some confusion on the pumps power generation...First 2 or 3 seconds from the relay and after that the engine oil pressure switch takes over. I'm hoping someone can tell me exactly the logic and durations associated with the pumps power. Oh I did jump pin 30 to 87 on the relay base to supply 12V directly to the pump and no response. I realize I may have a blown pump but I,m really looking forward to someone explaining this engineering marvel to me. Thanks in advance for your time
Old November 6th, 2013, 10:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just bought the same car trying to figure out wiring the previous owner ran a wire from the bat to the fuel pump harness under the back seat just trying to figure out if i need to get a new bcm. have you had any luck with yours