Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Changes in Wiring Harness 90s-00s

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2013, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changes in Wiring Harness 90s-00s

Hi there,

So just a quick question from a newbie. I just got off the phone with one of the automotive audio guys at a local FutureShop. I've been wanting to get my old stereo system that I had in my old '98 Cav put into my 'new' '03 Cav for awhile now. Now that I'm on holidays and money is ok, I can afford to give my car up for a few hours and can afford what it will cost me for them to hook up my deck, 5 channel amp and sub.

Everything was in working order when I took the system out of my old car, so I'd assume it would be the same when putting it into my '03. The dash kits are apparently the same between the '98 and '03, but the associate was telling me that in 2000 GM/Ford/Chrysler made changes to their wiring harness to incorporate air bags and all this other stuff, and that I'd need the new wiring harness with this 'module.'

I've been trying to find what actually changed via google, but can't. Is this new harness necessary? Were these changes done?

Thanks