Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Cavalier A/C Issue

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2011, 6:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cavalier A/C Issue

I have a 2000 Cavalier and the A/C has always worked great but this spring I went to use it and it does not blow cold air. 1st I checker freon and its ok. 2nd I checked compressor and its ok. I can tell the Coils in the dash are chilling but the unit still only blows warm air. Any Ideas or where do I go from here?
Old May 26th, 2011, 6:30 PM
CF Beginner

Replace the cabin air filter,If its anything like my 98 CR-V,it was plugged up.Its kinda of a pain to get to,but well worth it.Since the R-134A charge supposedly is good,and the compressor is running,Thats the next thing I would look at.
The expansion valve is located downstream of the filter,and if the filter is plugged,the valve wont work properly.
Old May 27th, 2011, 6:32 AM
CF Beginner

I check and the my Cavalier does not have a Cabin Filter but thank you very much for reaching out to help.
Old May 27th, 2011, 6:36 AM
CF Beginner

Does anyone have a Diagram of how the ventilation system on the 2000 Cavalier that they can send me every Do it your self manual I have purchased does not have a complete Diagram of this system?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Old June 2nd, 2011, 6:22 PM
CF Beginner

Check into ALLDATAdiy.com :: Leading Source of Diagnostic and Repair Information I have a "subscription" for a year on my CR-V,and it has been VERY helpful.The procedures are printable,and very precise.My apologies about suggesting the cabin air filter,but I also have an 02 Impala(GM of course) and it has the filter.Ive also checked into other GM products,and they also had the filter.
The Alldata subscription lasts for a year,and if memory serves was around 30 bucks.WAY better than Chiltons,or Haynes books.