Chevelle & El Camino This section is intended to cover Chevelle, El Camino, and other GM A or G-Body RWD not otherwise covered

1967 El Camino

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2016, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1967 El Camino

I have a 1967 big block,four speed el Camino that I am trying to track down information on and am hoping someone may have some information(long shot,for sure).it is a third week of October 66 , Fremont built vehicle. I believe it spent most of its life in the east San Francisco Bay Area and could have been purchased at Fitzpatrick Chevrolet in Concord California. I base my suspicions on receipts from local area businesses found in the vehicle. I purchased the vehicle from a guy in Chico Ca where it had been in a garage for nearly 25 years after the original engine exploded. Block had a hole so,he tossed it.Matching numbers weren't a big deal back then.Before purchasing the vehicle,I performed a very thorough inspection and found it to be unmolested and all big-block components are present and undisturbed.I couldn't trace previous owners because all but a chard of the registration was lost in this guys house fire.I know it is a long shot but,I would appreciate hearing from any of you guys out there with any information,ideas or suggestions.