Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevrolet Cars > Cobalt
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 11:43 PM
CF Pro Member
1979 Chevrolet Blazer

Default cobalt front speakers stopped working

i have a 2006 cobalt, and the front speakers stopped working. first the right one quit, now the left. last week the left started again while parked at work for lunch, and when i went to start it it didnt work again.
i just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue and repaired it before i start ripping door panels and the dash apart
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:19 AM
CF Veteran

The factory speakers are cheap ones. They don't last. Usually there is is a terrible vibration from them because the paper cones tear. More than likely you need speakers. Either way you have to take something apart to check it out.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:05 PM
CF Beginner

If you do buy new speakers, get them from Crutchfield.

I love how they include any bracket you might need and the wiring harnesses so you don't have to cut the stock wires.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:16 PM
CF Pro Member
1979 Chevrolet Blazer

thanks for the help guys, i just found it wierd how it would start working fine with no distortion then stop, ill get some new ones and put em in
Old 06-27-2012, 10:16 PM

Tags
2006, chevy, cobalt, cobolt, cost, front, gm, price, quit, repair, replacement, speaker, speakers, sropped, stopped, working