Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2011 Chevy Cruze LS Thermostat (Fan Constantly Running)

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2014, 12:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Chevy Cruze LS Thermostat (Fan Constantly Running)

I have received code PW5097 - stating there is something wrong with my thermostat system. My fan constantly runs and sounds like a motor boat every time the car is on. At first the fan would run, engine light on, then cut off hours later. Now the check engine light stays on and the fan runs non stop. I bought my car FEB 2013 and it was perfectly fine the whole year. I keep my car up to date with oil changes and regular routine maintenance. However out of nowhere this problem arose and I have read other owner's having the same issue as me. I am a full time worker and mother and I can't afford to have any car troubles out of the ordinary. Please advise on what you guys have done in regards to fixing this problem.

Thank you all.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 1:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello dwortham23,

We definitely recognize the importance of having a reliable vehicle and apologize for this inconvenience. If you'd like to send us your VIN and mileage we'll gladly look further into this matter for you. We're available via private message if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 5th, 2014, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello dwortham23,

We definitely recognize the importance of having a reliable vehicle and apologize for this inconvenience. If you'd like to send us your VIN and mileage we'll gladly look further into this matter for you. We're available via private message if interested.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Is there a recall for this problem, I am having the same problem with my 2012 Cruze.
Old October 5th, 2014, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

I was wondering the same thing I have the same problem fan constantly running and receiving the same codes
Old October 6th, 2014, 6:51 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by nemo15824
Is there a recall for this problem, I am having the same problem with my 2012 Cruze.
You are welcome to send us a private message with your VIN and we'd be glad to look into this for you. We hope to hear from you soon!

Andraya
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 15th, 2014, 3:30 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

by default, your fan will continuously run when your engine light is on.
just needs a replacement coolant sensor if your coolant fluids are fine.
Old November 8th, 2015, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 chevy cruze fan issue

Hi,
I currently own a 2011 chevy cruze and my fan does the exact same thing. I've had the car for close to a year now. When i got it diagnosed they told me it was a sensor. Now everytime i use my car the fan stays on all the time anf is vedy loud. I sure do hope to have this issue resolved. And hope yours gets resolved too.
Old December 11th, 2015, 10:21 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Kassie Cantu
Hi,
I currently own a 2011 chevy cruze and my fan does the exact same thing. I've had the car for close to a year now. When i got it diagnosed they told me it was a sensor. Now everytime i use my car the fan stays on all the time anf is vedy loud. I sure do hope to have this issue resolved. And hope yours gets resolved too.
I have the same problem.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem as well - 2011 Cruze
Old March 24th, 2016, 7:42 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by c
I have the same problem as well - 2011 Cruze
Hello KingDavid73,

We apologize for any trouble you've experienced as a result of this fan concern. Are you planning on having a certified technician take a look at your Cruze? If so, we'd be more than happy to contact the dealership on your behalf and review this in greater detail. If you'd like to move forward in this route, please send us a private message and include your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership.

Thank you for your time and enjoy the rest of your day!

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: 2011 Chevy Cruze LS Thermostat (Fan Constantly Running)