Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2012 Chevy Cruze Issues: 4th visit

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2016, 6:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Chevy Cruze Issues: 4th visit

My 2012 Chevy Cruze is giving me the Blues.
Car has about 62,000 miles on it. The main issue is overheating.
The first time I noticed my engine running differently...I paid for the computer to be reprogrammed $130 by Classic Chevrolet on 7-18-16. Then the car ran hot while driving on 9-15-2016. I took the car to MotorLane Automotives (it was nearby when he car ran hot). The dash read "Service Stabilitrak" with check engine light lit. All of the coolant drained. Radiator fan on and loud! I paid $105 to MotorLane Automotives for a diagnostic; this shop found head gasket leaking. They referred me to take it to a Chevy Dealer.
9-15-2016 I let the car cool then drove to Classic Chevrolet of Sugarland. I showed them the diagnostic from MotorLane...they handed it back to me and began this cat and mouse game. On this visit the radiator was replaced. Picked up the car the following week and drove it from hwy 59& hwy 90 to hwy 59 & Hilcroft (20minutes tops) and it ran hot again! The dash read "a/c off due to high engine temperature" & "service stabilitrak" with the check engine light lit. Dropped it off again to Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland! THE SAME DAY I PICKED IT UP!! And this time it was a radiator cap, allegedly. Everything was okay.
A week went by...car ran hot again. "Service stabilitrak" & "a/c off due to high engine temperature" & No coolant. So it's currently at the dealership...And today (3-Oct-2016) the dealership does not know what's wrong with it according to my advisor JC. Its not normal for a car to leak coolant out in a week. Nor is it normal for me to have to drive around with coolant. The car's coolant temperature went from 207 degrees to 239 degrees in under one minute (I took pictures). I have told Classic Chevrolets service department several time of these issues and the car is just being temporarily fixed.
The dealership's lack of knowledge and customer service have been horrible. Employees of Chevy have asked me for a perfect score on the survey. Yet no one can tell me what's wrong with the car or provide a Solution. I've tried to escalate to the service manager and I have left voicemails AND emails for help. I need my car fixed.
I've been polite and MORE than Patient. Now weeks without my car.
On my 3rd visit I was finally offered a loaner only to be told that my auto insurance isn't accepted by Classic Chevy. I have Full Coverage Auto Insurance. I've even offered to change my insurance so that I could qualify for a loaner. Classic Chevrolet told me they'd look into it and never called me back. I've also asked my lien holder AND Classic Chevrolet what are my options to get another car. My lien holder cleared it. ::Crickets from Classic Chevrolet of Sugarland::
Old October 4th, 2016, 7:16 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Try contacting Chevrolet Customer service. They have helped me before. They don't always help but it is worth a try. Be persistent with them.

1-800-222-1020

https://www.chevrolet.com/contact/email-us.html