2007 Equinox rear wiper motor not working...rear wiper arm won't come off - Page 2 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

2007 Equinox rear wiper motor not working...rear wiper arm won't come off

CF Beginner

March 12th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #11  
Retaining nut...

Nevermind, i figured out where the nut was, but now i have the same issue with not being able to pull the arm off. gotta find a terminal puller now.

CF Senior Member

March 13th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #12  
Posted By: Rob Helminiak Nevermind, i figured out where the nut was, but now i have the same issue with not being able to pull the arm off. gotta find a terminal puller now.
Go to your local AutoZone and rent the small 3-jaw puller. It worked good for me. Net cost is free since it only requires a deposit that is refunded upon return.

Just make sure the jaws are clean, and be careful not to mar up the wiper arm.

Good Luck

CF Beginner

Minnesota

November 12th, 2012, 5:37 PM   #13  
I am wondering how to remove the panel from the rear door of a '05 Equinox to replace the wiper motor. I removed the two large bolts/lags and wonder what holds on the rest of the panel?

Thanks in advance.

Jim J

CF Beginner

July 29th, 2013, 2:19 PM   #14  
Thank you for the info...

CF Beginner

January 2nd, 2014, 8:57 AM   #15  
wiper motor burnout??

Ok, so I turned my wiper on this morning (mind you, it is -11 here) and the blade does not move but I hear the motor racing! I ended up having to pull a fuse to get it to stop, as even when I pushed the button to turn the wiper off AND turned the truck off, the motor was still going! Any clues as to why this happened, if the motor is salvageable at all and if there's a way to prevent it?? This is the 2nd time this has happened and the first time the motor had to be replaced.

New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

May 25th, 2014, 2:44 PM   #16  
Rear wiper motor.

Ok guys. I want to fix the same problem without bothering my husband. I understand all the steps except one of the first. Where do I find the fuse?

Administrator

Austin, Texas

May 25th, 2014, 4:18 PM   #17  
Posted By: Katnap1 Ok guys. I want to fix the same problem without bothering my husband. I understand all the steps except one of the first. Where do I find the fuse?
Welcome to the forum
Depending on what year model you have it should be located in the under hood fuse box, see attached picture for the fuses... they will also be listed in your owners manual...

Attached Thumbnails
2007 Equinox rear wiper motor not working...rear wiper arm won't come off-capture.jpg

New User

May 25th, 2014, 5:33 PM   #18  
Posted By: Katnap1 Ok guys. I want to fix the same problem without bothering my husband. I understand all the steps except one of the first. Where do I find the fuse?
Thank you. I will look when he is not around.

New User

May 25th, 2014, 5:34 PM   #19  
Thank you. I will look when he is not around

CF Beginner

June 13th, 2014, 8:35 AM   #20  
My wiper is stuck in the on position.....

Is there any way to keep the battery from being drained with my wiper stuck in the on position? Should I pull the fuse for now?

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors