Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 Equinox 2.4 AWD U0100

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2017, 12:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2

ive had this equinox since new Frankly, it's been nobjng but trouble. Code U0100, P0365 and P0340 up after just 7k miles. Brought it in to get checked, they replaced throttle body at no cost. Did the trick... for about 2 weeks. Stability light, engine light, and will not go over 65mph. I've been dealing with this for 6 years now. Recently it's got REALLY bad to where we can only drive in town, if we're lucky. I've tried multiple things. Apparently the U code signifies a problem with communication between modules. I can't put more money st the dealer ship with this issue. It's obvious to me that after 8 visits, 3 throttle bodies, 2 batteries, well over a dozen AAA tows, and countless hours of labor tracking down a damaged wire, the dealers have absolutely no idea what the actual issue is. The code specifies it is a communication problem with ECM/TCM, and the P codes are both cam sensors. Does anyone have the pin outs to all the onboard modules? I'm specifically looking for the comms system, the data wires. I if I had schematics, there's no doubt I can figure this out. Surely it's a corroded wire connection, or possibly even an internally broken wire. I just need a schematic and I'll post a solution. I'm pretty sure I've traced it to the actual ECM. I've opened up my ECM, and found the pins to the plug have BARELY any solder at all on them! Looking at them with a magnifying glass it's hard to believe the vehicle actually runs. It's a tricky unit to open up because of the seal they use along the edge. I simply pried it with a sharp flat head and cut the seal, working my way around the module. I got a key and an ECM at the junkyard, tested power going to cam sensors and had 0v. I determined it was in the ECM. Installed the used ECM, taking my key apart and using the new top portion, or fob with my original key. Programmed the key, and now the CAM codes are gone, but the U code still exists. I'm positive it's the serial data wire between the ECM and another module. I'm 6 years in, and pretty close to solving the issue. If only chevy would just give me th schematics I need I WILL find a solution and just GIVE it to chevy. Maybe they'll offer a job or two! Does anyone have the schematics to the serial data Circuits? PLEASE! I'm so close to figuring this out! Possibly the solution is just to resolder the pins at the ECM. But I need a schematic to be 100% sure of the serial bus/data wires. Thanks!!!!

Last edited by Countrylatin; January 12th, 2017 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Posted 2 on accident