Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

egr valve

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2017, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default egr valve

I'm looking for the part number for an EGR valve for my 2010 equinox. The ABS and Stabillok lights just started coming on a few days ago. The mileage is around 70,000. For some reason the part number doesn't come up in a search for the 2010 model.
Old February 12th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

vehicles with variable valve timing perform the egr function through vvt scavenging. So does it even have a egr valve?

what code is setting.
Old February 12th, 2017, 10:29 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by fredeunbehaun
I'm looking for the part number for an EGR valve for my 2010 equinox. The ABS and Stabillok lights just started coming on a few days ago. The mileage is around 70,000. For some reason the part number doesn't come up in a search for the 2010 model.
The 2010 Equinox (both 2.4L and 3.0L) does not use an EGR valve. A new EGR valve wouldn't fix your problem anyways. A bad EGR valve as only causes the SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL/SERVICE STABILITRAK message on 2005-2009 Equinox w/3.4L engine. You'll need to get the problem properly diagnosed. The ABS light coming on means there is a fault in the ABS system. This could be something simple like a wheel speed sensor, or something more serious like a computer malfunctioning.

Without knowing anything else, I'm thinking you most likely have a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors. Relplacing the corresponding wheel bearing/hub assembly would probably fix it if that were the case.