Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Hating the '05

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hating the '05

I've had Chevrolets since I started driving, but the 2005 Equinox has simply put the company to shame. I am SO disappointed in this vehicle!

Brakes... I will accept those are my fault, I know I stop hard. But they wear so uneven.. when I changed the front, the backs didn't even look like they'd been touched.

Steering... there is a grinding that continuously gets worse with every turn...

Check engine light just came on, code kicks backlow speed cooling fan relay circuit error

The transmission is starting to have occassional slips

Sometimes when you start it, it keeps cranking for a few seconds after you let off the key (yes I'm aware not to hold it in the on position...)

And fuel economy? Forget that. I have never never been so disappointed in a vehicle... and with only 41K miles... just outside of warranty, way to go Chevy. The more I read, these are nothing but a huge pile of problems, and 18K dollars down the drain with 12K left to pay off..
Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Hating the '05

Yeah the Equinox seems to be Chevrolet's big problem child.
Old September 6th, 2008, 4:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Hating the '05

Except for the mileage, I like mine. But you should expect poor mileage with AWD.

The rear brake issue is because the dealer didn't do the initial adjustment when it came off the truck. The same thing happened to my 98 Venture.

I realize that I'm bumping an old thread, but I would like to know what the dealer says about the other complaints

________
WHOLESALE VAPORIZER

Last edited by StanVan; May 14th, 2011 at 6:04 AM.
Old February 18th, 2017, 6:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine does a few thing right does good in the snow blows hot air( if your moving at stoplights its a nightmare of cold air) uh what else uh uh uh well it was given to me as a gift sooo i just pray to god i get totaled soon this thing is a nightmare and a half oh and it handles really well just replaced my shocks with kybs its like driving big annoying sports car in the corners