Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

opening the rear window

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2012, 1:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opening the rear window

Hi again,

This may seem like a really dumb question but I've already checked the manual and there is no mention of this that I can find. I cannot find the button or ??? to open the rear window on my 2013 Equinox. When I look at it closely, it seems like maybe it's sealed and doesn't open at all. I'm talking about just the window, not the hatch door.

I've never had an SUV that I couldn't open the rear window on so I'm also thinking I just haven't found the button or whatever that opens it. I just got this 2013 Equinox a few days ago and the dealers are closed so I can't call them to ask.

Finding it hard to believe that opening this window may not be do-able. Just seems so very strange that a manufacturer would seal it?

Thanks,
Deb
Old December 5th, 2012, 6:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I know for sure it doesn't open on the earlier generation. I believe it doesn't open on the new models either.
Old December 5th, 2012, 7:32 AM
CF Beginner

I wonder what makes you think that is opening at all?
If there is no clear way to check that and understand that - better do not touch that at all.
Old December 5th, 2012, 5:38 PM
CF Junior Member

What other SUV's have you owned???
Old December 6th, 2012, 8:29 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> FurKids,

The liftgate opens, however the liftgate glass on the Equinox is fixed.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 6th, 2012, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mswerb
What other SUV's have you owned???
Two Ford Escapes and one Ford Explorer, all rear hatch windows opened on them.
Old December 6th, 2012, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you all for your replies.