Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

Service Stabilitrak and Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2016, 11:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh no!

The very same thing happened to me today! Stabilitrack warning, service warning light, reduced power mode. It was very scary for my son as the car started driving weird and he was in the back. Car is 18 months old!!! Equinox. I've already had battery issues making it act insane but replaced the battery and they went away...now this!!!!! Ugh! I had an oil change and checkup LAST WK!
Old July 13th, 2016, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

I bought a Cruze at Car Max in Jan and this is happening to me too. I brought it to carmax and they do not see anything wrong with it. I am a single mom who drives to work and drives my 10yr old everywhere so I am very scared that it will stall or die on freeway. Any suggestions on what I should tell them to look for?
Thanks,
Old July 21st, 2016, 12:04 PM
CF Beginner

having the same problem with my 2011 cruze just started today have no clue why either
Old July 22nd, 2016, 6:42 AM
CF Beginner

As you can see if you go back this has been an issue for a long time. My 2012 Equinox has done similar things & when I take it in they say nothing shows. They want me to bring it right in the next time it happens, well try that, I can't do it if they are closed & that seems to be when it happens.
I have had the low rpm issue with hesitation & this started before my car was out of warranty. They said since they had it on record that if we have the issue happen again to come right in. I don't understand with this many people having problems WHY doesn't GM do something before someone get hurt. I feel this should result in a recall of the models involved.
Old October 3rd, 2016, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Decreased engine power

I have a 2010 Traverse the reduced engine power light keeps coming on and unable to go faster that 40mph. The service department said unless it is doing it when it is there they are unable to determine why. Please any suggestions. Thank you.
Old October 26th, 2016, 2:06 AM
CF Beginner

So I have had numerous issues with Stabilitrak & Traction Control light. I bought the equinox new in early 2008, and that light has come on for years, usually when i am driving and its cold, or i hit a pothole, or even when the wind blows the car. It would stay on for a few days, then go off. A few years ago, the service engine light came on with it. I took it to dealership, and their diagnosis was that the EGR valve needed to be replaced. And of course, they told me it would be about $600 and the would need the car for at least 2 days. I asked, and made sure that ONLY the EGR valve needed to be replaced, and he assured me that was the case... didnt need any other tubes or anything connected to the valve. Well an EGR valve costs $80 at O'Reilly's and takes about 10 minutes to change. So I changed it myself. Everything was fine for about a year, then Stabilitrak light started coming back on, and then the service engine light with it. Sometimes they are off, sometimes just one is on, sometimes both...then they go off by themselves. Not sure if I should replace the EGR valve again (lifetime warranty from o'reilly's) or just let it be...it seems that its more a glitch in the system than any real trouble.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default Gas smell

I have a 2008 Chevy eqonox and all of a sudden I'm smelling gas, if any one can help me it would be appreciated because GMC just says bring your care in, and pay to have it checked thank you..
Old November 2nd, 2016, 10:50 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Babylove
I have a 2008 Chevy eqonox and all of a sudden I'm smelling gas, if any one can help me it would be appreciated because GMC just says bring your care in, and pay to have it checked thank you..
You probably have a cracked fuel pump module. GM has issued a special coverage bulletin for this issue on 2007-2009 Equinox/Torrent. We had this repair done to our Equinox a couple years ago. Check with your local dealership, but this should be a covered repair regardless of the vehicle's age or mileage. See document here.
Old November 12th, 2016, 11:00 AM
CF Beginner

Ok so at least I'm not the only one. 2007 Equinox LT with just over 72k miles. I live in PA and took a trip to NC, on the way home Stabilitrak light came on, and not too long after engine light came on. Once scanned I learned its my EGR. Ok no big deal $80 later I have a new EGR and no extra lights on the car. Thought I did pretty good. 3 months go by I drive this time to NY and on my way home stabilitrak light came on, pissed me off. Not too long after again the damn engine light came on AGAIN. I'm thinking it can't be the EGR right? Should I be thinking whats fouling out the EGR or what? Pissed off, the car runs fine right now but I don't know if it will stay that way. Last time I had to do some errands while out getting an EGR and on my last errand the car wouldn't start just kept turning and turning just never popping off. Someone please shed some light on this.
Old November 19th, 2016, 8:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default No power sterring

I was in my car and the vehicle was in Acc mode for about 10 minutes listening to the radio all of a sudden it started beeping and then shut off and then it would not start I could not remove key out of the ignition so finally I jumped the battery and got it to start and stability track light and engine light is on and now I have no power steering any suggestions

Quick Reply: Service Stabilitrak and Check Engine Light