Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

15 seat vans: Ford E350 versus GM 3500

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2017, 6:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, you're right canucklehead! You are sooo right. I do have the molded GM splash guards, just not yet installed. I would like to maybe find a used set of aluminum GM rims with white lettered Michelins. Probably in the spring.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 10:42 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SchnauzerKing
Sure thing man! You're right too. Took me four years to find a low millaged diesel passenger. I have only owned black vehicles for the last 25 years or so. I actually wanted red. I found three. First a dark blue one. I passed. It had a sliding door. I wanted the barn doors. Then the same dealer had this black one and a 2015 red one with a sliding door and only 7,000 miles.

Isaac

I would seriously be interested in that low mile 2015 if it's still around? I got a quick question for those of you that buy the passenger vans. I've always bought extended cargos, but what is the floor like in the passenger vans once the seats are removed and how much of a hassle is it? I'm just curious that I could maybe leave one bench in all the time and still use it for work but.... and pull the one bench when I absolutely need to but if it's a hassle with the seats and the floor is not flat I probably wouldn't go that direction. One thing that definitely does interest me is the sliding door over the barn doors. I've had barn doors on all of them and they are pita and the hinges are Rust prone. I'd like to try a slider. I think it would just be easier instead of screwing with the doors all the time. Plus when I use it to load I always have to unhinge the door and swing it all the way open. The slider I just slide it and I'm done.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 11:57 PM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess I have something that both of you will like:

It's not a Duramax (I wish) but has a 8.1 in it.
Old January 3rd, 2017, 9:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. What does that set you back and how was the install?
Old January 4th, 2017, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by expressvanman
I would seriously be interested in that low mile 2015 if it's still around? I got a quick question for those of you that buy the passenger vans. I've always bought extended cargos, but what is the floor like in the passenger vans once the seats are removed and how much of a hassle is it? I'm just curious that I could maybe leave one bench in all the time and still use it for work but.... and pull the one bench when I absolutely need to but if it's a hassle with the seats and the floor is not flat I probably wouldn't go that direction. One thing that definitely does interest me is the sliding door over the barn doors. I've had barn doors on all of them and they are pita and the hinges are Rust prone. I'd like to try a slider. I think it would just be easier instead of screwing with the doors all the time. Plus when I use it to load I always have to unhinge the door and swing it all the way open. The slider I just slide it and I'm done.
That red van sold pretty quick too.

The seats are not hard to take out. Much easier if your totally ripped and shredded. If your like me at 5'6", they are an arm full by yourself. I think the carpeted vans leave a bit more smoother floor once removed. My van has the padded rubber floor mat. The seat mounting rails are visible and makes for some 'humps' in the floor. Easy fix with a sheet of plywood. I used to work for a guy who always used passenger vans. Removed the seats, slide in a wooden thing with built in drawers etc. Used it for electrical contracting. When done, remove. Vacuum. Replace seats and sell for good money to church groups.

We use mostly barn doors. We have a couple of sliders. They are nice when parked in tight spots. You still can open it and access the cargo area. We prefer the barn doors. We only had to replace a few hinges over the years. Never been a big issue. And we usually put around 300,000 plus miles on them. Sliders seem to get crap in the guides and the rollers get sticky. Either way, they have pros and cons. If you wanted to do drive by's, the slider is the only way to go.

isaac