Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

1990 g20 electrical issue??

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2016, 10:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1990 g20 electrical issue??

Just picked up a 1990 15 passenger g20 van with 113k on it. The issue im having has got to be electrical but i'm not sure where to start so looking for suggestions. So when i bought it, it had no battery so i installed an optima red top and it fired right up but one headlight didnt come on then it did and now works fine. The stereo worked good except the display would come and go? Now no display and nothing but static is all i get. Also all the dome lights worked fine but now they dont work at all? Then this morning the speedo wasnt working but the odometer was then the speedo started working? I'm thinking maybe the bulkhead fuse panel might have some corrosion. Other than that i guess find as many grounds as i can and clean up em up really good. Hope some of you guys can help or offer some insight as to what you have dealt with! Thanks
Old February 13th, 2016, 10:57 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

You are on the right track. Sounds like a bad connection or a bad ground. Happy hunting.
Old February 13th, 2016, 2:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree definitely sounds like a ground issue.