Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2003 3500 Express Front Suspension

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2014, 10:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 3500 Express Front Suspension

Ok all, i have a question since for some reason im a bit baffled here.
I purchased used an 03, 3500 express cargo van, i had to go through the front end since it has 180k on it and the front suspension seemed to be a bit saggy and worn out. replaced all parts, tie rods, ball joints, bushings, shocks springs, pitman, idler, and gearbox. all worn all needed it. when i purchased it the front lower control arms sat just below the bump stops so my thought is the springs are worn replace... so after everything was replaced and re-aligned the lower control arms are sitting, just below the bump stops and the passenger side is sitting on the bump stop, obviously this isnt right but im unsure of where it should be, not certain what i did wrong. i ordered the OEM springs from AC-Delco for that vehicle and the coils are a larger diameter steel than what i took off and they were the same height installed vs. sitting slack. this is a 135" wheelbase, 9600 GVW, 6.0l, and this was the only spring option for this truck.

any feedback woult be much appreciated!

thanks
Old October 23rd, 2014, 8:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb perhaps?

I needed a van to haul my tools around the 04 express was a perfect fit , needed a radiator and ac cond., grille ,doing the work myself ordered the rad. from carpartswholsale.com fine just 4 inches smaller in length looking for the correct dimension, and unable to find ,until a GM site with a high performance division parts department there I found it, perhaps? Good luck.