Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2006 Express Hot wire in Cargo area.

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2016, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Express Hot wire in Cargo area.

I want to install an auxiliary power port in the back of my van right behind the bulkhead. Anyone have a wiring diagram that will show me where i can tap into 12V hot and Ground?
Old September 11th, 2016, 11:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are just adding a power port, then you could most likely go off the power under the driver's seat. You won't be drawing that much, and that main breaker is big. I would not connect anything large, like and audio amp to that, but a power port should be fine. Make sure you fuse whatever you add.
Alternatively, you could rob off the ports in the dash.....most people only use the 12v power ports for chargers anyway...
Ground to body/chassis, but clean the paint off, and use a bolt, nut and washer if you can rather than a screw.
Old September 12th, 2016, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by canucklehead
If you are just adding a power port, then you could most likely go off the power under the driver's seat. You won't be drawing that much, and that main breaker is big. I would not connect anything large, like and audio amp to that, but a power port should be fine. Make sure you fuse whatever you add.
Alternatively, you could rob off the ports in the dash.....most people only use the 12v power ports for chargers anyway...
Ground to body/chassis, but clean the paint off, and use a bolt, nut and washer if you can rather than a screw.

which wire under the seat is the 12 V hot? Do you have a diagram or color code chart?
Old September 13th, 2016, 7:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you pull the cover off the panel under the drivers seat, you can see the bolt that has the main power wire that goes to it.
Old September 13th, 2016, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by canucklehead
If you pull the cover off the panel under the drivers seat, you can see the bolt that has the main power wire that goes to it.

Awesome... Thank you!!!