Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2008 van wont start no gauges help!

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2015, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 van wont start no gauges help!

hi all, I have a 2008 van 3500 series 6.0 22,000 miles its a motorhome. the gauges go crazy lights in the dash go on and off and then it goes quiet and all gauges except the volt gauge go off. no air no cruise no tow haul. and now when I hit the key the starter wont spin the motor over. so it wont crank. I jumped the wires at the starter with key on and starter will spin the engine over but still wont fire up. now if the starter will spin by jumping the wires its probably not a ground issue is it ? I also cleaned and inspected all the ground wires at the frame and battery. any help would be appreciated thanks
Old October 12th, 2015, 12:43 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So your starter battery is toast or just dead? Have you left a charger on it? Does it actually turn over continuously without starting? I don't really have an answer, but obviously correcting the starting battery would be step one. Next, check fuses, both under the hood and under the seat.
Old October 12th, 2015, 12:55 AM
CF Beginner

Battery is good ? no it does not spin over at all when I hit the key.all fuses are good and relays
Originally Posted by dberladyn
So your starter battery is toast or just dead? Have you left a charger on it? Does it actually turn over continuously without starting? I don't really have an answer, but obviously correcting the starting battery would be step one. Next, check fuses, both under the hood and under the seat.
Old October 12th, 2015, 3:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Could be bad ignition switch, or a bad computer. Passlock system could also be giving you trouble. The no air, and cruise makes me think its the computer. Or perhaps a wiring issue that connects it. Did all the issues happen at once, or they started to add up over time?
Old October 12th, 2015, 10:51 AM
CF Beginner

it all started at once. I put a new key switch in it. no change. security light is not on after you turn key on and lt goes through the sequence. the check engine light is on. scanner wont link up either. thanks
Old October 12th, 2015, 2:25 PM
CF Veteran

Cpu then. Have you called a dealer service tech and bounced this issue of him? Sometimes that helps to pinpoint things... Towing it would cost $$$.
Old October 12th, 2015, 2:30 PM
CF Veteran

Old October 12th, 2015, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

I give up! sent it to the dealer today. $ 250 bucks to tow it. will let everyone know what the problem is. I say it is a bad ecm or bcm. thanks every body
Old October 12th, 2015, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

yes I have checked every ground on the vehicle. no luck
Originally Posted by canucklehead
Old October 12th, 2015, 5:31 PM
CF Veteran

Sorry to hear that. These issues are tough. Thanks in advance for posting the cause and repair, once you find out.