Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

2012 3500 express brake light switch reversed polarity

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2012, 8:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 3500 express brake light switch reversed polarity

Hello, Checking to see if anyone has run across the new 2012 3500 Express utility van brake light switch, The brake light switch with key on or running has power to the "cold side of the switch" (light brown wire) when the brake pedal is depressed the wire loses current (reversed from standard switches), there fore if you hook an electronic brake controller activation wire to this the brakes on the trailer would be locked up with out the brake pedal being depressed and the trailer brakes would release when the brake pedal is applied. This van was not prewired with a trailer hook up in the back and I can't find any wires hanging or taped up under the dash that might be for a brake controller like the silverado's. There is no 3rd brake light to tie into and I checked all the wires going into the combination switch in the steering column, just the tan wire that goes from positive to ground. If anyone can help me figure out if there is a cold side of the brake light switch wire any where on this vehicle that goes positive when the brake pedal is applied so we can hook up the prodigy brake controller it would be most appreciated...

Last edited by jimmys57chevy; August 22nd, 2012 at 8:50 PM.