Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Accumulator issue

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2014, 5:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accumulator issue

Hi, New to the board and new to ac on Chevy's. I am not very experienced in the AC area as I am a machinist. But for the price locals are charging here, I figured I could learn....

Ventured out yesterday to fix some leaks and replace the accumulator on my 97. I could not get the second line on the accumulator freed up at all. I got the accumulator loose but could not get the fitting loose on the pressure line. I screwed with it for quite awhile trying to be careful with it. I ended up using a sawzall and cut through the accumulator fittings right next to the accumulator canister to get the unit off. Once I got it off, I discovered that I had nicked the end of the line a little right at the end after the "O" ring. This whole thing looks like a major mess now. It almost looks like this fitting was not supposed to be loose on the line or something. I am not familiar with Chevy lines and not sure what to do next.
I cannot replace that line I don't think?
Seems like a goofy design to service without issue.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or help.