Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Blinker Issues

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2012, 2:59 PM
shs
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinker Issues

I have a 2008 Express Cargo van that has a blinker issue. The front blinker works but, blinks faster than usual. The rear doesnt not work/flash/blink at all. This is only on the passernger side. This problem was fixed about 2 years ago by the dealer while van was under warranty. I aksed what the problem was and their reply was that the fuse was bad. I've checked the fuse box under the hood and under the driver seat. To me, it isnt very clear which fuse controls the blinker lights but the ones I did check were ok. Looking for some direction here... I've read that the harnesses go bad but I really dont know where to start. The fuses that I checked were ok and the bulb was ok.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Old August 18th, 2012, 3:05 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Reason it is blinking fast is because the circuit is open to the (in this case) rear light. I'd suggest (I know you say bulb is ok) swap the bulbs from driver to passenger side, see if the problem follows it.
Old August 20th, 2012, 3:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by shs
I have a 2008 Express Cargo van that has a blinker issue. The front blinker works but, blinks faster than usual. The rear doesnt not work/flash/blink at all. This is only on the passernger side. This problem was fixed about 2 years ago by the dealer while van was under warranty. I aksed what the problem was and their reply was that the fuse was bad. I've checked the fuse box under the hood and under the driver seat. To me, it isnt very clear which fuse controls the blinker lights but the ones I did check were ok. Looking for some direction here... I've read that the harnesses go bad but I really dont know where to start. The fuses that I checked were ok and the bulb was ok.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I agree with "kevinkpk", the fast blink usually indicates there is an issue with the bulb. I know you stated that you checked the fuses, but was unsure if the correct fuses were checked. Here is a digital copy of the owner's manual: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...et-Express.pdf

Refer to pages 5-109 through 5-115 for a better explanation with diagrams.

I hope this information is helpful. Feel free to contact me privately if you have additional questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service