Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Express Fuse Blocks Interchangeable with AWD Version?

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2015, 1:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Express Fuse Blocks Interchangeable with AWD Version?

Have a 2004 Express AWD which has a damaged fuse block in the engine compartment. Chevy quoting $350 + for a replacement using my vin # for searching....so have no way to know if one from a non AWD 2004 will work or not....much less any other years.

Previous owner was an aftermarket dealer of radios, alarms, etc and his installers did some funky stuff with the harness under the dash. Result has been some funky electrical and now the low beam headlight circuit #58 melted and damaged the block.

I don't see any fuses, relays or breakers that refer to the AWD function so hopeful that I might find one from another vehicle for a couple hundred less....

Anyone have some insight on this?
Old March 14th, 2015, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To follow up on my own post, I found another fuse block today that appears to match the bad one in my Express. It is from a 2004 3500 but not an AWD...but it appears to be the same part.

Since it came from a junk yard, I'm going to let it dry out for a few days before I undertake the swap....I will update some time in the future.