Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Help! 09 Chevy Express no windows and blazing hot relay even with no key in it???

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2016, 12:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you checked the two window switches to see if they are not stuck in the up or down position.......If the switch was engaging the window full time, that would heat things up and cause a buzz.......
Try pulling both panels and disconnecting the 2 switches and then put the new relay/fuse in.....
Old June 24th, 2016, 7:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by canucklehead
Have you checked the two window switches to see if they are not stuck in the up or down position.......If the switch was engaging the window full time, that would heat things up and cause a buzz.......
Try pulling both panels and disconnecting the 2 switches and then put the new relay/fuse in.....
That was the first thing I did. I also disconnected both Motors. Still get a direct short or arcing when I plug the circuit breaker back in. I think I posted that earlier
Old June 24th, 2016, 7:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I thought I would give a quick update if anybody searches this with a similar problem.
So this has turned out to be one of those I don't know what the hell I did to fix this ordeals. Last night I tried a new circuit breaker at Napa that wasn't quite the right one (20 amp instead of 25 and not quite the same footprint) but did seem to function the way I thought it should. Got warm, turned itself off, removed it and it would cool down and I would feel it click to turn back on. Put it back in same thing short is there but this circuit breaker would shut off. My original one did not do that it would just get hot. So I decided since it wasn't the right one and that did not really fix the problem and still had a short somewhere I did not pick it up. Tonight got home took the left kick panel off to see where the wiring goes into the door and found two block connectors. Disconnected the one that runs all the wiring through the drivers door, plugged my shorted circuit breaker in and no short. Hmmmmm... So I ran back up to Napa and grabbed the not quite right circuit breaker put it in and I have Windows. Put everything back together with the not quite right circuit breaker and everything works. Found no frey in the wires going through the door but my original circuit breaker is fried. If that was my only issue why the not quite right circuit breaker did not work last night.... I have no idea. I have a funny feeling this ordeal is not over. I'm sure it will decide to act up next time with both windows down and a complete downpour looming overhead....
I will post an update for anyone that may have this issue if and when it ever acts up again I find any real answer. Thanks all to your replies