Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

No Spark

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2013, 8:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Spark

2001 Savana 4.3 with 223,000 mi. acting up again, has new ICM,coil,cap+rotor,pickup coil under cap,wires+plugs, crank and cam sensors, bat+alt,fuel pump+filter, oxygen sensors ....cranks over wont start. has fuel pressure no spark from coil.... ran fine, all new parts added at different times while I was trying to do a self diagnostic and each time started ran for a few days and would do the same, just shut off and crank but wont start. While trying to start I checked all wires and wiggled to see if it was a connection problem....could it be the computer ???
Old January 26th, 2013, 5:26 PM
Former Sponsor

You replaced all those parts, yet you forgot the most common thing to check first... your fuses and relays
Old January 26th, 2013, 7:05 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Dehart
2001 Savana 4.3 with 223,000 mi. acting up again, has new ICM,coil,cap+rotor,pickup coil under cap,wires+plugs, crank and cam sensors, bat+alt,fuel pump+filter, oxygen sensors ....cranks over wont start. has fuel pressure no spark from coil.... ran fine, all new parts added at different times while I was trying to do a self diagnostic and each time started ran for a few days and would do the same, just shut off and crank but wont start. While trying to start I checked all wires and wiggled to see if it was a connection problem....could it be the computer ???
More than likley not the computer. Recheck wiring, and with key switch on, do you have voltage to the distributor?
Old January 29th, 2013, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

I did check the fuses and relays I broke down and took it to Darby GMC in Venice and found out the ICM was bad because of a short in the wire leading to it $575 later and it starts and runs fine. I had no way of knowing without a computer diagnostics.... Thanks guys for the replies