Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Roadmaster active suspension install probs

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2013, 7:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roadmaster active suspension install probs

I recently bought a roadmaster active suspension system for my 92 chevy g20 sportvan. It has a wheelchair lift installed and I love to drive it. We use it to drive from roanoke va to Durham nc to take my dad to his cancer appointments at duke medical center. The road to nc is a bumpy one. I replaced my shocks and that helped but the springs bottom out more than I'd like. I bought the RAS system to help with this and was excited until I realized there was not much clearance between the spring shackle on the rear and the underside of the body. I was just wondering if anybody on here has ever installed one of these systems on a chevy sportvan before who might have some tips for me.
Old June 8th, 2013, 8:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ooop's

wow i did not think any body was trying to sell them any more ! no body i heard of ever had any luck with them .thry tryed to get the suspention shop i worked in to use them .
they were junk ,you would be beter serv ed with a air lift or fire stone air bag suspentionj with a compresser ,if it will fit with th wheel chair lift. or add a extra leaf to the spring pack.
the air bags are a LITTLE BIT MORE MONEY BUT GIVE A BETTER RIDE .
Old June 9th, 2013, 1:24 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill second the air bag suspension.. that is what you want. Various manufactures make kits for our vans. Truckspring.com is a good place to start. I have air bags on the front of my G30 and its nice and smooth.