Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Washer Reservoir Removal???

Old January 5th, 2013, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washer Reservoir Removal???

My 2009 Express 2500 van has a leaking window washer reservoir. I am having a hard time getting it out so I can repair the leak. I have un bolted the reservoir, washer hose, electrical connector and also the small foot long strut from on top of the fender to the front. The problem is that the brake lines are in the way and it cannot be pulled up and out. I have tried to pull it out from the side by removing the horn but it looks like it has to be pulled straight up.
Do I have to remove the master cylinder to do this seemingly simple task? Anyone done this?
Old January 9th, 2013, 8:42 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One post I read on this has you removing the grill.....I can't imagine it being that hard.
On the master cylinder. I would avoid messing with that.
Check and see if going another direction other than up is the answer.
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You are not gonna believe this. My washer reservoir was empty today. I figured it froze and cracked.....so after work today I tried taking it out, coming up to the exact issues you mentioned.
However, upon further digging, I found that in fact it was not the reservoir, but the hose. There is a soft rubber hose from the washer pump at the bottom of the reservoir that leads along the fender wall just above the little splash guard. If you remove the splash guard, and feel up above where the brake hose is clamped to the frame...you will find it. Mine was broken and needed patching.
Did that, and all is good.
You might want to check yours......just in case.
Old October 25th, 2021, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default Need HELP!!

I m trying to remove the windshield washer reservoir on my 2015 2500 GMC GMC Savanna Van. It is leaking and now winter is around the corner I need to fix, repair, replace. Anyways I am so used to working on trucks and this is my first van and everything is compact and I am struggling to remove and inspect. Need help from you all and appreciate all Input.
Robin
Old October 26th, 2021, 8:08 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

If I ever had to replace one on one of these I think I'd see if I could adapt a 95-back reservoir under the hood. Those just slide into brackets right there on top. From what I could see the 97-up is made to fit in that space in the corner and doesn't come out without a lot of other parts removed first.
The following users liked this post:
robinwayne (October 26th, 2021)
Old January 4th, 2023, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Windshield washer tank and pump.

Originally Posted by robinwayne
I m trying to remove the windshield washer reservoir on my 2015 2500 GMC GMC Savanna Van. It is leaking and now winter is around the corner I need to fix, repair, replace. Anyways I am so used to working on trucks and this is my first van and everything is compact and I am struggling to remove and inspect. Need help from you all and appreciate all Input.
Robin
2004 chevy express 2500
I removed the cross bar, then the light, I then removed the horn. I had enough space now to take out the tank after unpluging the power to the washer pump and the rubber tube. I took out the tank at an angle to the left with a little twist. I had to replace the tank with the opposite twist starting with the pump almost facing me and turning the whole piece clockwise while pushing down.

My washer tank was half full upon removal witch added some difficulty to the task. When the tank was empty it was much easier to manipulate.