Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Where is the horn on this thing?

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2014, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where is the horn on this thing?

Just bought a GMC G2500, only problem is the horn doesn't work. If you click the buttons on the steering wheel you can hear the relay click but no sound from the horn. Guy I bought it from gave me a new horn and horn button still in the package. Don't really want to put a new horn button in it and since there is power to the stock buttons (I assume due to the fact that the relay clicks over.) I figured I could just take the original horn out, bolt the new one in and wire them to the buttons. Only problem with that is I can't seem to find the stock horn. Maybe I'm missing it or looking it over or something, as I'm not use to working in such a compact space as under a van hood, I'm to use to looking under the hood of my El Camino. Anyway hopefully one of ya have an idea on where it's at; thanks to anyone in advance.
Old August 4th, 2014, 10:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diagrams for most years (you didn't state) have it behind the driver's side headlight.
Old August 4th, 2014, 4:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It should be on the back of the radiator core support, on the driver's (left) side.

But, if the previous owner gave you a new horn, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they removed the old one for testing and never reinstalled it. (Why reinstall a bad part?....)
Old August 7th, 2014, 3:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a 1995 sorry I didn't state that. Also they hadn't tested the horn as it just stopped working and they had left it at that. I have found the horn and got it working no problem though. I appreciate the help.