Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2013 Suburban 2500 outside mirror issue

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2016, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Suburban 2500 outside mirror issue

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2013 Suburban 2500 which came with the big towing mirrors installed as factory option. Although I like the functionality of the towing mirrors, but they are impossible to live with in an urban area. I have also towed without any problem for over 10 years with my 2003 Yukon XL 8.1L which only had the regular mirrors. The good news is that the Suburban came with a brand new set of regular factory mirrors in the box as well as the control console which goes into the driver side door. So I proceeded to swap everything out. It was a fairly straight forward job.

The bad news is that only the driver side mirror would auto-fold. The passenger side mirror would not auto-fold, nor does the puddle light work on that side. Other than that, the passenger side mirror can be adjusted from the driver side with no problem. The turn signal LED also works. I am scratching my head for answers...maybe some wiring is missing in the vehicle because it came with towing mirrors which don't have the auto-folding option?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old December 5th, 2016, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

contact the dealer and speak to the shop foreman. tell him the situation and ask if the different mirrors require different module programming.