Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Rough idle

Old December 29th, 2015, 7:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough idle

Hi, my name is andré and I own a 1992 Chevrolet c1500 pick up with a 305 v-8 and I am going through a problem with its idle, It idles really rough it sounds like I have an upgraded cam installed I checked the fuel pressure after I replaced the fuel filter it checked good I also replaced the rubber tube that connects to the pcv and it still idles really rough I need some help please!
Old January 5th, 2016, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your plugs and see if they are all burning evenly. If ya find some that are really black (rich) might have a inj prob or compression prob. Check your cap wires n rotor make sure they good and not shorting out. Corrosion bad. Also check for vac leaks. Broken lines or worn out vac line will cause rough idle. Make sure your not having an intake leak. Take some carb spray and spray around anything that could draw vac. If the engine revs when ya spray it on a certain place its a leak. Just some ideas

Search this Thread