Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Equinox keyless entry and remote start problems!Help

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2009, 1:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equinox keyless entry and remote start problems!Help

My keyless entry and remote start worked fine. i took the car to get an oil change and car wash. immediatly after that the remote start and keyles entry stopped working. I changed the battery and resynchronised and nothing. I found that as soon as i unlocked the car with the key and pulled the door open that it then worked fine until about twenty or so seconds after the car is shut off it stops working again. you can lock and unlock the car all day as long as a door is open or running or for about twenty five seconds after you turn off car and shut doors . then it just stops working until you open car with key again. So weird and one time it worked fine but it was raining out. has anyone had this problem and or know what to do to fix it?
Old October 10th, 2009, 2:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Cool

A friend of mine had one of these systems, and they are a little sensitive.

Is it possible the service center knocked a wire or connection loose? Possibly on the starter solenoid?

I know if my friend cleared or reset the entire system, it restarted and ran with no further problems. (Until the next time.)