Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Loss of electric power

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2008, 2:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of electric power

Well , I tried to replace the starter relay with a ford and check out the starter motor in the process. In the process I now have no interior light, headlight, no power to the starter and everything seems dead. Did i blow a fusable link? and which one would it be the on at the starter 86 K20 4X4 350 ci. manual.[]
Old April 22nd, 2008, 8:52 AM
CF Veteran

Default RE: Loss of electric power

elaborate what in the world did you do ?does it haw a snowplow on it ? what was wrong before you did any thing ? what starter relay are you talking about ,the solenoid on the starter it self?
Old April 22nd, 2008, 9:04 AM
CF Veteran

Default RE: Loss of electric power

just saw your post from the 21st now i understand a little bit i have done the remote relay bit before but it was on a big block i did not find it a big help ,it was supposed to help with heat sink on the starter ,was more of a pain than it did any good .if you started to have the problem with tjhe oil leak ,take they starter off ,take it apart use some elec motor spray cleaner or brake clean ,clean it out good including the brushes .puk a small bit of high heat grease on the starter drive splines and shaft ,give it a try ! or the starter has a bad spot and need's to be replaced .good luck keep us posted .