Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Noise on front windshield at speed

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2008, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise on front windshield at speed

I own a 2007 Chevy Silverado (new body style)and get a noise coming from the front windshield at speed. It sounds like big drops of water or bugs hitting the windshield at speeds of 60+ miles per hour. I've replaced the radio antenna with a stubby but the sound is still there. It's irritating since I can't figuere out where the sound is coming from. The dealer wasn't any help and had not heard of a problem like this.
Old January 15th, 2008, 6:51 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Noise on front windshield at speed

it sounds like the outside trim on the LH and RH sides r flapping at highway speed. GM has had this problem and ur dealer is retarded if they don't know how to fix it because they used to have a TSB on this. try taping both sides down and test drive it to make sure that the problem. if the noise goes away. untape it and use some black silicone sealant. put the nozzle underneath the trim and squirt it from top to bottom at a steady pace. take a razor blade and clean up ne excess silcone. repeat on other side. then let both sides setup for about 30mins and test drive again.
Old January 15th, 2008, 1:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Noise on front windshield at speed

Thank you I'll try this.