Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

OK Here is one for Everyone

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2009, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation OK Here is one for Everyone

I have a 2009 chevy 1500 XFE edition. It has 4203 miles on it. 2 days ago while sitting at a light the truck died ignition only all gauges are still reading good all lights. Except it will not start. Called through onstar for a tow and after 2 hours they showed up. Took to dealership where I bought it from and they said battery problem told them full of crap went out there with tech with new battery and still nothing. They could not get it to start did diags all day found nothing wrong just would not start not even engage. Before the techs went home one of them went over there and tried it and it started. Now according to them it is fine. They don't know what caused it and now they cant fix it because they still don't know what was wrong with it. Any ideas and what should i do? I don't want it back without an explanation, but they did not have one when the problem was there and now it according to them doesn't have one now. I have made my first payment only and about to make my second one, that is how new it is. Anyone here help?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited by yamaha2r1; October 15th, 2009 at 7:15 PM. Reason: editing for grammer sorry
Old October 15th, 2009, 8:07 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately now that the truck has started they can test for days but will not find anything because what ever did not work is working now. Intermittent problems are the most difficult to diagnose. The truck surly did not fix itself so it probably still has a problem but until it happens again nothing can be done. Pick it up and drive it maybe next time it will not start until it is fixed.
Old October 15th, 2009, 8:11 PM
CF Beginner

yeah that is kinda what I figured just sucks. lol
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Old October 15th, 2009, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

however no answer is not an answer on a brand new truck is it?????
Old October 15th, 2009, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Maybe time to trade it in for a 2010 ??
Old October 15th, 2009, 8:46 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yamaha2r1
however no answer is not an answer on a brand new truck is it?????
Not really but that is the way it is. They could GUESS but you will not know if it is fixed until it breaks down again. There is alot of thing to guess.
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:28 PM
CF Beginner

I can only hope that it happens again within 15 days that way we can start lemon law I guess. From what I read 3 times same problem same place within 15 days. Then notification letter to Manufacture and then one more time to fix it. And then LEMON LAW to another one. Hopefully LTZ this time.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">