Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

park assist

Search this Thread

Old October 12th, 2007, 9:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default park assist

when i started my truck [07 NBS Silverado, Z71 4x4, LTZ] this morning the the dash displayed a message saying that park assist was off. i didn't turn it off so i pressed the button to turn it back on - it blinked a few times but stayed off and would not come back on. i tried this a few times over the next 15-20 minutes but it stayed off. i got to work and noticed that it had turned back on by itself.

anyone know what's going on here?

thanks
Old October 13th, 2007, 11:42 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: park assist

Strange. Did it happen only once or is this an ongoing issue?
Old October 16th, 2007, 8:08 AM
CF Junior Member

it has happened three times now including this morning.
Old October 16th, 2007, 8:17 AM
CF Active Member

Some customers may comment that a 'Park Assist Off' message is appearing on the Driver Information center (DIC) at times.
There are several factors listed below that can cause this message to appear. A Tech 2 can be used to access the latest entry into the Park Assist Module history buffer to help determine a cause.

Inhibit Modes

Description

Manual Disable

Customer disabled via On/Off switch or Vehicle Menu.

Parking Brake

Parking brake engaged.

Attached Object

Any object detected by the system such as a trailer, trailer hitch receiver, bike rack, or lowered tailgate.

Reverse Overspeed

Vehicle driven in reverse gear over 8km/h (5mph).

Inhibit

Loss or invalid GMLan signal(s).

Sensor Disturbance

Ultrasonic noise from another vehicle with Park Assist, a jackhammer, or the compression of air brakes on a very large truck.

Sensor Ring Time

Sensors are dirty, covered with snow, ice or slush, or paint on sensor membrane is too thick after a repaint.
Engineering has received multiple inhibited Rear park Assist Modules through warranty parts return with attached object stored in the latest history buffer. If a vehicle has a trailer hitch installed into the trailer hitch receiver, it is possible for the rear park assist to be disabled. Once the trailer hitch is removed, the message should go away. Other possible causes may be dirty sensors. Keep the rear bumper free of mud, dirt, snow, ice and slush.
Old October 16th, 2007, 12:14 PM
CF Junior Member

i do have my trailer hitch receiver installed but didn't think that the sensors would pick that up and if it did pick it up it would be off all the time, not just 3 times in the last few weeks.

i'll take it off for a few days and see if it happens with it off. thanks
Old October 16th, 2007, 4:56 PM
CF Active Member

being an 07 y don't u just take it to ur dealer for warranty work??
Old October 16th, 2007, 8:52 PM
CF Junior Member

because i'd rather not take the time to take it in if it is something as simple as the trailer hitch
Old February 6th, 2008, 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

I have noticed that my sensors are very sensitive to the cold weather. If there is the slightest bit of frost or road film from salt and sand the park assist will disable itself. I can wipe the sensors clean and it will allow me to turn the park assist back on, but not until I drive forward to a speed of about 20mph. It says in the manual the exact speed that needs to be driven before the sensors can be re-enabled. I think it is 20mph. Do you notice this on days it is frosty or your truck is particularly dirty. I can say that Ford does do a better job with their parking assist, but that is it everything sucks.