Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

A problem nobody HERE can solve...

Search this Thread

Old September 5th, 2008, 4:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A problem nobody HERE can solve...

I have strange problem that nobody here seems to get. I have a '97 suburban 2500 that I had left in for a new tranny (becouse this was the "cure" to my problem) and on return of the car the problem was still there.
I now left the car back a secound time but it has baffled the swedish mechanics here being that they have never experienced even herd of this. Now you have to understand Chevy's don't grow on trees here so here we have "specialized american car mechanics". And still...no car for me to drive.

It goes like this...
When slowing down or driving down any sort of incline where that the motor would/should slow down the car, it frees the gears and and makes a strange sound, best described as pullling a long metal coil thru a plastic hole zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, and to get it to ingage the gears again I either have to step on the gas or put it in nutral. Being when I want to slow down steping on the gas gets tricky.

Now the mechanic here has tested the tranny and a few other things but the problem is still there. He thinks it might be the computer. Could it be? Has any one ever herd of this and might be able to give a suggestion or two for them to check?
Old September 10th, 2008, 7:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A problem nobody HERE can solve...

When you take your foot off the pedal, the Burb should go into decel cut off. You should basically feel the engine slowing the truck down.
If you're converter is locked it will unlock. Has the converter been replaced at the same time as the trany?
Old September 16th, 2008, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A problem nobody HERE can solve...

Is it the convertor?
Dev