Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

online parts

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2019, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default online parts

I am having trouble finding a couple of parts online and wonder if anyone can share some good links. Ive gone thru pages of google search already, hoping someone knows something not so easily found.
Working on a 1984 Chevy G30 Hi-cube
The parts Im searching for are:
Heater control cables 2 long push/pull cables, one end is straight and bare, the other coiled to fit around a post.
The other is the passenger side vent door assembly, the vent down by your feet, for fresh air. Is there a correct name for this panel containing vent door? I searched for hours using as many names for this thing that I could think of. I found nothing, anywhere. Usually with enough searching and poking around I can find the correct name for a part and search it out, but not this time.
I would greatly appreciate any leads to help me track these simple things down, I cant believe Im coming up with a complete blank.
Thanks,
Chuck
1984 Chevy G30 Hi-cube

Last edited by Chuck TieDye; January 6th, 2019 at 11:24 AM.
Old January 7th, 2019, 11:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I joined some Facebook van pages and someone gave me a lead on the vents. Still couldn't find the correct control cables. Going to go with universals of the right length and make my own controls for defrost and blend door.