Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

TH-400 (Turbo 400) Hydromatic Transmission Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2016, 12:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TH-400 (Turbo 400) Hydromatic Transmission Help Needed

So I picked up a th-400 to put into my 68' C10 that has a mild build BBC454. I purchased a complete gasket/seal set to go through the tranny and button everything up. All looks well! Seems to actually have been rebuilt recently like the guy said. EXCEPT!!! While inspecting the governor, it looks as though the case behind the governor has been broken. Its opened up to where I can see through to the output shaft on the left and the gears on the right. Jagged edges and what not. No metal found anywhere in the trans which leads me to believe that I am either completely stupid and its the way it should be or it was cleaned out and rebuilt in hope it would still function. I have yet to run it as I do not want to waste any more time on this build. I will post pictures if able. Thanks in advanced for any insight.
Attached Thumbnails TH-400 (Turbo 400) Hydromatic Transmission Help Needed-img_0001.jpg   TH-400 (Turbo 400) Hydromatic Transmission Help Needed-img_0002.jpg   TH-400 (Turbo 400) Hydromatic Transmission Help Needed-img_0003.jpg   TH-400 (Turbo 400) Hydromatic Transmission Help Needed-img_0004.jpg