HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

2010 HHR leaking water passenger side

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2013, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 HHR leaking water passenger side

Hi guys,

I started having these issues after visiting Corpus Christi this weekend. I go back home a few times a year and we usually run into rain and always humidity. This past weekend it rained and we noticed something a little weird the next morning we woke up there was water all over the passenger side floor. We thought we were just really wet because of the rain, but as the weekend progressed it was still wet and now leaking. I started looking around online and I noticed various advisories from Chevy that these models of HHR's along with other model vehicles had the same issues with a potential leak.

This specific thread led me here:
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/mal...er-leak-40882/

I have a full warranty with carmax on this car but I am not sure if it's worth paying the $500 deductible if it's a manufacturer error. I was curious what you guys think I should do?

I just am worried about getting charged an arm and a led especially since I am moving 200 miles up Texas in less than three weeks and obviously money is tight. I talked to a mechanic friend he thinks it's the Heat Core, I continue telling him I think it's an issue with the advisories. How much would it cost me to take it to the dealership to get it checked out and any advice would be awesome?

Thanks,

Ricky
Old May 14th, 2013, 3:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rickym
Hi guys,

I started having these issues after visiting Corpus Christi this weekend. I go back home a few times a year and we usually run into rain and always humidity. This past weekend it rained and we noticed something a little weird the next morning we woke up there was water all over the passenger side floor. We thought we were just really wet because of the rain, but as the weekend progressed it was still wet and now leaking. I started looking around online and I noticed various advisories from Chevy that these models of HHR's along with other model vehicles had the same issues with a potential leak.

This specific thread led me here:
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/mal...er-leak-40882/

I have a full warranty with carmax on this car but I am not sure if it's worth paying the $500 deductible if it's a manufacturer error. I was curious what you guys think I should do?

I just am worried about getting charged an arm and a led especially since I am moving 200 miles up Texas in less than three weeks and obviously money is tight. I talked to a mechanic friend he thinks it's the Heat Core, I continue telling him I think it's an issue with the advisories. How much would it cost me to take it to the dealership to get it checked out and any advice would be awesome?

Thanks,

Ricky

Ricky,

I know a water leak can be frustrating. I would like to look further into your situation so we can assist with a resolution. Can you please private message me your VIN, name, address, mileage, and phone number? I look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

Hello Erica,

I pm'd you the information. Let me know if you received it
Old May 17th, 2013, 1:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

does the vehicle have a sunroof? The front drains for the sunroof run down the a-pillars. if they become disconnected water could drain down the a-pillar and pool on the floor.

Last edited by tech2; May 18th, 2013 at 6:45 AM.
Old May 18th, 2013, 8:00 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rickym
Hello Erica,

I pm'd you the information. Let me know if you received it

rickym,

Yes, I still need one piece of information. Thank you for responding.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

Hey tech2, no sunroof on the car. Like I said, weirdly it all started after this crazy shower last week on the beach.

Hey Erica, I sent that info over thanks so much!