HHR This retro crossover vehicle combines the usefulness of a minivan with the size of a mid sized car.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out ChevyHHR.net

HHR Steering Angle Sensor

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2016, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HHR Steering Angle Sensor

Hello - I've a 2010 HHR purchased new and in June 2015 the steering angle sensor went out, causing the ESC to shut off and throw a flag. The failure occurred just after having the PS motor replaced under the recall.

Had it repaired at the dealer where the car was purchase and at that time it was out of warranty, and I was billed for the sensor (~$118) plus labor.

Now, 13 months 3 wks later (and about 13K miles) it has failed again, with my code reader saying "steering angle not plausible". Dealer tells me this part was covered by 12 month, 12K mile, so once again, it has failed just outside the warranty coverage.
I'm not particularly inclined to fix it at this point, but my GM parts source tells me the sensor is only available as an assembly with the motor, so I have to ask....is the currently available part a redesign of the original? If so, is it reasonable to believe GM has fixed the underlying issue of repeated failures?