Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

03 Impala Strange Issue

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2014, 1:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Impala Strange Issue

Hello,

I have an '03 Impala that up until now has been a great vehicle. Recently during the day while driving my battery light would start flashing and this would trigger my headlights (not the markers just the lights) and my back up lights to flash sporadically dimming my radio and control panel lights inside, causing a dinging noise like when my lights are left on and the door is open, and causing a clicking in my fuse panel on the drivers side. Also as this was coming on intermittently the AC stopped outputting cold air. Also if I turned my headlights on manually (during the day) or when the auto lights come on at night, it would stop the lights from flashing but not the battery light and the dinging and clicking.

When the key is not in the ignition all this happens minus the control panel lights and the dinging noise.

So tonight I got fed up and started going through various connections.

1) Disconnected the BCM sprayed contact cleaner on the connections on the unit and the wiring harness.
2) Pulled the fuse for the DIC/RKE and the back-up lights stopped flashing.
3) Pulled the 10 amp and 15 amp fuses for the headlamps and the headlamps stopped flashing.
4) Still hearing a clicking noise coming from the fuse panel on the drivers side.

If anyone has any ideas of things I can try before shelling out money on this it would be appreciated. I am kinda floating towards it being a bad BCM but I would like to know before I take it to the dealer and have it not be the problem.

Thank you in advance.