Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2003 Impala A/C Issue

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2014, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Impala A/C Issue

Hey guys. My a/c is deciding when it wants to works. fuses are good and control was replaced last year. The blower motor will randomly work for long period of time, or it won't work at all. When it's not working, the blower motor will kick on for a fraction of a second and turn off again. I've replaced the blower motor but the issue still persists. Any suggestions?
Old June 25th, 2014, 6:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coreyjames08
Hey guys. My a/c is deciding when it wants to works. fuses are good and control was replaced last year. The blower motor will randomly work for long period of time, or it won't work at all. When it's not working, the blower motor will kick on for a fraction of a second and turn off again. I've replaced the blower motor but the issue still persists. Any suggestions?
So that's at all blower motor speeds?

https://www.google.com/search?q=2003...motor+resistor
Old June 25th, 2014, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

It blows at variable speeds, but it still cuts out whenever it chooses. I'll try the resistor and see how it goes.
Old June 25th, 2014, 6:54 PM
CF Veteran

It blows at variable speeds, but it still cuts out whenever it chooses. I'll try the resistor and see how it goes.
might be one of the wires like this guy had

Blower motor or the Resistor? - Chevy Impala Forums

maybe get behind the glove box and wiggle them next time it shorts out
then probably not the resistor

Raider

it's the resister. look underneath the glove box. It's right behind the blower. to the left. Move the wires around. It's a common problem for the wires to go bad and fry the circuit board inside the resister. When mine blew out it fried the M- wire. And mine would only work on high and would stay on even when the car was shut off and the key o
Old June 25th, 2014, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Update: thanks guys! Turns out it was the blower motor resistor. I can't remember the last time my a/c ran this good. You guys are life savers! I don't think I would have survived this Texas heat without it.
Old June 25th, 2014, 10:07 PM
CF Veteran

Update: thanks guys! Turns out it was the blower motor resistor. I can't remember the last time my a/c ran this good. You guys are life savers! I don't think I would have survived this Texas heat without it.
Umm, it was just me! haha

Congrats. Hopefully it's not a screwed up wire that will short out tomorrow.