Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2009 LS , Is this covered under chevys special warranty?

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2016, 1:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 LS , Is this covered under chevys special warranty?

Got a letter from GM stating that if my 2009 Impala's check engine light came on due to the TPS, GM would cover costs. Took it t the dealer and the code was for a rich mixture in bank 1. Rough idle at 59%. Tech cleaned the throttle, the mass air flow sensor, and cleaned the fuel injectors. Check engine light is off, but I want to know is this repair covered by GM. The dealer said that the TPS/throttle body had to be replaced for the repairs to be covered. Said that this was just a maintenance issue. Is that correct? Does this fall under a TPS problem? Should GM cover this? Thanks
Old October 8th, 2016, 2:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

post the campaign letter gm sent you
Old October 8th, 2016, 2:31 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
post the campaign letter gm sent you
It says: This letter is intended to make you aware that on some 2009 model year chevy Impala vehicles, the throttle position sensor may cause the engine to run rough, cause the malfunction-indicator lamp and/or an engine reduced power message to illuminate, and reduce the engines power. Says GM will pay up to 120,000 miles or ten years
Old October 8th, 2016, 6:04 PM
Super Moderator

i wanted the campaign number
Old October 8th, 2016, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
i wanted the campaign number
There is no campaign #. It says this notice applies to your vehicle, then gives my vin #, and so on. Sent in Nov. 2015.
Old October 9th, 2016, 9:00 AM
Super Moderator

maybe customer service can help you. Nothing i can say without seeing the document or a link to it.

What was the code that was set. Lean bank 1 does not sound like its tps related. anything that goes through the throttle body effects both banks.

Last edited by tech2; October 9th, 2016 at 9:02 AM.