Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala DIC TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2014, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2014 Impala DIC TROUBLE

From the day I purchased the Impala September 2013 all my personal setting Trip (B) Battery on so on the DIC for no reason will revert back to the default settings.

The dealership just told me, "how do you know it shouldn't do that" ?????

Are they kidding...

Anyone know what is going on. How to I get this fixed if the dealer doesn't know I have a problem

Last edited by chrisrip; September 16th, 2014 at 5:04 PM. Reason: misseed spelled
Old September 14th, 2014, 9:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisrip
From the day I purchased the Impala September 2013 all my personal setting Trip (B) Battery on so on the DIC for no reason will revert back to the default settings.

Are they kidding...

Anyone know what is going on. How to I get this fixed if the dealer doesn't know I have a problem
There is a fix for your DIC.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/imp...14-2ltz-66634/
Old September 15th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisrip

Are they kidding...

We definitely recognize your frustration, chrisrip! We'd like to look more into this on our end and hopefully find more answers for you. Could you please PM us your VIN, contact information and dealership name? Thanks and we hope to hear from you soon.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 15th, 2014, 4:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
No need ot quote his entire post if your post is #2. Just sayin.

As for the dealer no knowing something? These guys have their hands full with recall stuff. They probably missed a TSB or didn't know how to search the database. Good thing the Internet exists.
Old September 15th, 2014, 9:58 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by LarryFL
No need ot quote his entire post if your post is #2. Just sayin.
Just habit/protection against posts being edited afterwards.
Old September 16th, 2014, 12:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Just habit/protection against posts being edited afterwards.
Understood.

I wish the volume of this forum was more, requiring us to be specific on what comment we are referring to - A good problem to have.
Old September 16th, 2014, 1:20 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I called my dealer yesterday to ask them how long this power steering recall takes to perform. He came back with the answer that an hour was required to do the work. I emailed that information to my wife so she could set up an appointment for herself with enough time to get the work done.

So she called the same dealer, spoke to the same service person as I did, since he gave his name when picking up the phone. His words to her was, I don't know how long this takes to do. My wife told the guy it takes an hour to perform the recall, which was based on the email I sent to her and the information I got from the same guy not even 15 minutes earlier. ??!!!??? Talk about short term memory loss.
Old September 16th, 2014, 5:46 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank3
I called my dealer yesterday to ask them how long this power steering recall takes to perform. He came back with the answer that an hour was required to do the work. I emailed that information to my wife so she could set up an appointment for herself with enough time to get the work done.

So she called the same dealer, spoke to the same service person as I did, since he gave his name when picking up the phone. His words to her was, I don't know how long this takes to do. My wife told the guy it takes an hour to perform the recall, which was based on the email I sent to her and the information I got from the same guy not even 15 minutes earlier. ??!!!??? Talk about short term memory loss.
Hey Frank3! Please keep us posted on your dealer visit. If you'd ever like for us to contact the dealership on your behalf we will gladly do so.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 16th, 2014, 11:19 PM
CF Veteran

Maybe an hour book time.. but with all the crap recall work they are probably booked with - it could be 4 hours to get after arrival to get into work the 1 hour... or NO?

Well, just a thought...
Old September 17th, 2014, 6:22 AM
CF Beginner

Veh. 1 Impala
2G1155S37E9133127

"Paramus Chevrolet" Paramus, N.J
Thank you for relaying to my call for help.
I would like to clarify what happen. It was the Service Tech that I was referring to.
The Service manager has been very helpful trying to resolve this problem.
email: chrisripp@optonline.net
Thank you
Chris rip

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala DIC TROUBLE