Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala paint Alert!!!

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2013, 7:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Impala paint Alert!!!

Short and sweet! don't pay $995.00 for the tri coat white. I have one that has a bad spot right in the middle of the hood, it is a shadow and pimple under the clear coat. The correction for the repair is just crazy, I have seen two of the local GM dealers and their solution is that the hold hood will have to be sanded and repainted, but it doesn't stop there they said that it would have to extended across the fenders and front grill. The techs actually said the exact same thing and their final statement was that it would be that the color would have a yellow tint because of the three application of paint. I have spoke to a GM rep and we discuss possible solutions for the repair, but my solution is that I get a new hood from the manufacture that has been painted at the factory. that way the paint would be the same. I also think that they should take my hood back to the factory and fine the QA inspector for the vehicle and have him explain why the vehicle left the factory. I still really like the car, but now I'm on a misson to let everyone know that I will continue with the evalution of the new 2014 Impala.
Old December 21st, 2013, 5:46 PM
CF Beginner

It's such a nice, but hard to live with color. We have a have a White Diamond Tricoat Sierra sitting at home, and we discovered a really bad paint swirl on the tail gate. The dealership was kind enough to order us one from the factory for replacement, as it will NEVER be the same if paint because of the layers used to achieve the color. its a gorgeous color, but we learned our lesson.
Old December 24th, 2013, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

I bought a 2014 black Impala LTZ and have been fighting with the dealer because of scratches and swirl marks in the paint. I understand black is hard to take care of but it was delivered to me in this condition so I have not been happy. They sent it out to be professionally buffed but it didn't get everything out. Now they're talking about having it wet sanded and I'm not sure I want to go to that extreme, from what I've looked up it removes a lot of the clear coat.
Old December 24th, 2013, 8:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fire556
I bought a 2014 black Impala LTZ and have been fighting with the dealer because of scratches and swirl marks in the paint. I understand black is hard to take care of but it was delivered to me in this condition so I have not been happy. They sent it out to be professionally buffed but it didn't get everything out. Now they're talking about having it wet sanded and I'm not sure I want to go to that extreme, from what I've looked up it removes a lot of the clear coat.
No issues here with my black after 1 wash. . Sorry bro.

Have you used a regular clear coat polish like Meguiars #2 polish?

Any black will get that way with swirls. Are you looking under sunlight or fluorescent lights (the worst)?
Old December 25th, 2013, 9:06 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
No issues here with my black after 1 wash. . Sorry bro.

Have you used a regular clear coat polish like Meguiars #2 polish?

Any black will get that way with swirls. Are you looking under sunlight or fluorescent lights (the worst)?

It's mostly visible out in the sun, maybe I'm just being too picky but I've had a black car before and it was perfect when I took delivery. I haven't done any polishing to it myself, they sent it out to a professional to do it (some 5 step process from what they tell me). If the scratches are that deep that they can't get them out from that then I just feel it's not right.