Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2017 Impala Premier Trim - where's Pandora Icon and why no app in "shop"

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2016, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Impala Premier Trim - where's Pandora Icon and why no app in "shop"

2014 Chevy Impala I just traded had the Pandora Icon on infotainment system - very easy to use once set up. 2017 does not have it - I'm told by my dealer it is not available anymore. I'm told by a Chevy representative it is available ("if the icon is not on the infotainment screen you can download it thru the "shop app." However, when I relayed I only have three apps in that shop app store to pick - weather, glimpse and on-star services - no Pandora, Chevy Representative told me to see my Dealer "you have the latest radio Io6 but you have an issue with that radio." I saw Dealer today - he said no issue. Only 3 apps available to date and there is no Pandora app or icon.

What is true and what is fiction here.
Old November 18th, 2016, 6:27 AM
CF Beginner

I just purchased a 2017 Silverado and have the same issue. I swear the dedicated Pandora app was on the radio while I was at the Dealer, while the radio was still in Demo mode. Once I got the truck home, it was missing. I assumed it was an update or conversion from Demo mode. It is not available in the App Shop function. I was so looking forward to that capability.

When I spoke with anyone from Chevrolet, they weren't up to date on the functions with the 2017 IO6 Mylink radio. Additionally, if you visit any of the Chevrolet sites it clearly shows the Pandora app on the screen.

It would be nice if Chevrolet would tell their people what is going on.

Image below is from Chevrolet's FAQ section for the MyLink Radios.

Last edited by Steve Kesler; November 18th, 2016 at 7:02 AM. Reason: added Chevrolet FAQ image
Old December 11th, 2016, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

Just bought a 2017 Impala Premier. Confirm I cannot get Pandora either. Wondering if they did away with it thinking that you can get it via ApplePlay or GooglePlay?