Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Acceleration stall

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2015, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acceleration stall

I have a 2000 Impala 3.8 with 194,000 miles. Recently replaced the MAF sensor. Now it takes 2 times to start and keep running. It will stall at slow speeds (not all the time). I need to accelerate slowly from a stop or it stalls. Stalls if I accelerate too fast even from a slow speed. Ideas/thoughts? Thank you!
Old October 19th, 2015, 9:04 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by njstanl
I have a 2000 Impala 3.8 with 194,000 miles. Recently replaced the MAF sensor. Now it takes 2 times to start and keep running. It will stall at slow speeds (not all the time). I need to accelerate slowly from a stop or it stalls. Stalls if I accelerate too fast even from a slow speed. Ideas/thoughts? Thank you!
So, did it have the same symptoms BEFORE changing the MAF sensor or was the MAF sensor replaced as part of troubleshooting the symptoms you are seeing? How was it running before the MAF change? Did you have it scanned for error codes?
Old October 20th, 2015, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was scanned for errors. Left bank O2 sensor. It no longer loses power on the highway so I end up "coasting" until the power comes back on. The RPMs don't fluctuate when accelerating. When it stalls, it will start right away but before it wouldn't start for a couple minutes. If I give it gas when I start it, it will stay running. I didn't buy the cheapest or the most expensive sensor. Any thoughts about the fuel filter??
Old October 20th, 2015, 9:52 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you haven't changed the fuel filter recently or don't know when it was changed last. It would be a place to start.
Old October 21st, 2015, 9:12 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have your fuel pump checked.